Thank you for returning or checking out my BLOG for the first time this time we’re reviewing the collaboration app SquidHub. SquidHub, “A collaboration app for people who want clarity, simplicity, a bit of fun – and a great way of working together (SquidHub ApS, 2016)!” The previous quote was straight for Apple Store catalog, I could not have summed it better. The app is built for users ages 4 and up, this seems to be a re-occurring theme or it that designers understand the reality of our society today. The later is my guess, my daughter now 6 and she will be 7 in a few days has intuitively been able to navigate applications on mobile devices well before to the age of 4. SquidHub ApS are the developers and publishers of the app.

Figure 1. SquidHub Screenshots

This application does not follow good design principles and it is lacking in Universal Design for Learning. The major limitations I see so far is the inability to test all its features without conducting an actual collaborative project. Many of the screenshots are encouraging but not being able to test the features oneself leaves me to pause to render a more positive review.

The SquidHub app does have the possibility of providing educational value, collaboratively speaking. If you would like to embark on any collaborative assignment as a student, integrated project team member, employee and any other team assignment one could use the SquidHub to approach the task. There is no particular theory of learning that stands out in the application.

In its current format the SquidHub app is comparable to many mobile apps, but ones with a mLearning likeness not so much. One could argue if the learning objective was directly towards running a project, but the app would have to be a bit more intuitive to give that argument basis. I see potential in the app as is with a little practice.

References

SquidHub ApS. (2016). SquidHub: Organize projects.