Nitin Agarwal, Ph.D.
Jerry L. Maulden-Entergy Endowed Chair & Distinguished Professor
Director, Collaboratorium for Social Media and Online Behavioral Studies (COSMOS)
Fellow, International Academy, Research and Industry Association (IARIA)
Fellow, Arkansas Academy of Computing (AAoC)
Fellow, Arkansas Research Alliance (ARA)
Information Science Department
Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 S. University Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72204-1099
Phone: (501) 916-5224, Fax: (501) 683-7049
Office: EIT 548
I joined the faculty of Information Science at UALR in Fall 2009. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the School of Computing and Informatics, Arizona State University in August, 2009. I received my Bachelors in Technology in Information Technology from the Indian Institute of Information Technology in May 2003.
My research interests include the following topics,
– Social computing, knowledge extraction in social media, behavioral modeling, group dynamics, complex systems, influence, trust, collective action;
– Social Cyber Security, Modeling Deviant Behaviors;
– Health Informatics;
– Data Mining and Machine Learning, Semantic Web Mining; and
Our research and outreach efforts are funded by US Office of Naval Research, US Air Force Research Lab, US Army Research Office, US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, and US National Science Foundation. Please see Projects for more details.
Fall 2020: IFSC 3360 System Analysis and Design
(For courses taught in previous semesters, please see the Teaching page)
Call for Papers
- DEVIANCE 2020: Workshop on Deviant Activities on Social Media
- SBP-BRiMS 2020: International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling & Prediction and Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation
- IEEE Internet Computing Special Issue on Cyber-Social Health: Promoting Good and Countering Harm on Social Media